REALWorld Law


Infrastructure and utilities

What arrangements are usually made with the local authorities and utility suppliers in relation to infrastructure (new roads, sewers etc) to support a new development?



Under the French Planning Code (Code de l'urbanisme), the owner (maître d'ouvrage) must make a financial contribution in relation to infrastructure in order to support new development. The owner may be released from this liability by carrying out the infrastructure related works itself.