REALWorld Law

Sale and purchase


Are special consents required for certain transactions (for example, consent by a spouse)?



Where a single property is jointly owned, for example by a husband and wife, written and notarized consent from all the co-owners is required for every material transaction in Ukraine (eg sale and purchase of real estate, real estate leases). In addition, the co-owners can choose to empower one of them to make decisions about the jointly owned property. Ukrainian law also requires the permission of the guardianship authorities for the sale of real estate owned by someone under the age of 18.